I think I’ve been each type at some point or another…. Continue reading The Holiday Decorator Type of Guy
And this Email Humor Received (EHR) comes from my good friend Ron…
In the same festive spirit of the wishful holiday’s good tidings, please consider your culinary endulgence based on the rationale given below…it is a logic that I’ve practiced (perfected) in Christmases past…believe you me:
HOLIDAY EATING TIPS Continue reading “EHR: Holiday munching”
In case you missed it…Punxsutawny Phil did not see his shadow, meaning our dreadful winter is about over, if you believe in the legend. I, for one, was ready for a cloudy day.
Ya know groundhogs are actually woodchucks – “Hey you dang woodchucks, quit chucking my wood!” (funny commercial). They’re also kin to the squirrel, so that means they dig and climb, and can even go for a swim if the need arises.
Thanks to high school chum Ivan for enlightening me through his Facebook status. Odd fate thing has my knees “soiled” as I’ve been photographing Spring in Texas the past week or so, and today I was hunched over and 4″ from a dandelion (prior to knowing it was such a celebratory garden holiday). Continue reading “A Dandy Thanks”
Who knew this? Today’s Full Moon (10/4/09) is called a “Hunter’s Moon”. Native Americans of New England and the Great Lakes refer to the full moon at this time of the year because the deer are fat and it’s time to hunt (as well as many other animals). Since all the crops are harvested, it’s now time to gather food by hunting animals…but it’s all kind of contrary to the weekly observance of 10/26: Give Wildlife a Break Week.
October is an incredibly busy (and popular) month for special occasions and observances. I trust y’all will be joining me in the on-going daily, weekly, and monthly holiday and event celebrations in October. Of all the observances going on this month, I would like to point out a few of particular interest to me:
- 10/11: It’s My Party Day (on a Sunday? Come on!)
- 10/12: International Moment of Frustration Scream Day…and also, National Kick Butt Day (I wonder if that is planned of just a coincidence?)
- 10/15: National Grouch Day (leave me alone!)
- 10/18: National Menopause Day (comment reserved as a self-preservation measure)
- 10/19: Evaluate Your Life Day (especially if you didn’t observe National Menopause Day the day before)
- 10/30: National Candy Corn Day (do they also have a Circus Peanut Day?)
- 10/31: National Knock Knock Jokes Day (orange you glad I didn’t say…)
- Week of 10/4: National Carry a Tune Week (Where’s my FD when you need her)
- Week of 10/11: Build Your Business with Business Cards Week and Getting the World to Beat a Path to Your Door Week (wouldn’t it be nice if your business card did that for you all the time)
- Week of 10/26: Give Wildlife a Break Week (put your guns away)
- National “Gain The Inside Advantage” Month (always)
- National Go On A Field Trip Month (I’m ready! I’m there! With camera!)
- National Sarcastic Awareness Month (this blog observes this holiday all year long)
- Photographer Appreciation Month (smile on three)
- Squirrel Awareness Month (are we talking about animal or people?)
- Sausage Month (as long as it’s with a biscuit, egg, and some cheese)
- Month of Free Thought (can I get your permission please?) Continue reading “Oddities of the Day, Week, Month for October”
Who knew? Today, July 7th is Bonza Bottler Day! We have twelve of those a year…apparently it gives good reason to go out and party with your family and friends. It’s when the day of the month is the same as the month number (today is 07-07). And there’s even a website for this day: Bonza Bottler Day Website.
Celebrations should be on-going today, this week, and this month. According to my reliable sources, it is: