Let’s cast our vote for Dave Barry…he is still running for President. He’s better than any of the Re-puke-lican or Dumb-ocrat clowns I’ve seen in any of the races of late. Dave ought to make you laugh, only because of something funny, not laugh because we don’t want to cry over crooked politicians, a crappy economy, or whatever else gets you all worked up (and over).
Dave is a humorist, a funny man. An author and speaker, an entertainer, a philosopher. We all should lighten up, relax and hear him out. Try to enjoy life instead of fearing the future and declaring doom. I like Dave.
Oh yeah, he’s a blogger as well…Dave Barry’s Blog
One of my favorites of his that I can so relate to: 19 Things That Took Me 50 Years To Learn, by Dave Barry
- Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
- If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings”.
- There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”
- People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
- And when God, who created the entire universe with all of its glories, decides to deliver a message to humanity, He WILL NOT use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle.
- You should not confuse your career with your life.
- No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
- Never lick a steak knife.
- Take out the fortune before you eat the cookie.
- The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.
- You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight saving time.
- You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she’s pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
- There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 11.
- The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
- The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to annoy people who are not in them.
- A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
- Your friends love you anyway.
One thought on “Dave knows a few things”
Thanks for the chuckles!!!!!!!!